LISTSERV Archives

CATAYAKKAYAK Home

CATAYAKKAYAK  October 2007

CATAYAKKAYAK October 2007

Fwd: Willie Kern

"Clay C. Murphy" <[log in to unmask]>

Catayak Kayak and Canoe Club <[log in to unmask]>

Wed, 17 Oct 2007 14:52:30 -0400

multipart/alternative (84 lines) , text/plain (2 lines) , text/plain (91 lines) , multipart/related (91 lines) , text/html (2 lines) , image001.jpg (2 lines) , text/plain (2 lines)

Boaters,

This is a last minute thing I just found out about.

Should be very interesting,

Clay

>> Please join us for a presentation by
>>

>> Filmmaker, Environmentalist, and Internationally Renowned Kayaker
>>
>> Willie Kern
>>
>> Wednesday, October 17th
>>
>> 7:00pm
>>
>> McCarthy Arts Center
>>

>> Mr. Kern’s works have appeared in National Geographic Adventure
>> and Outside Magazine. His documentary film work in China (The
>> Yunnan Great Rivers Expedition) appeared on Outside Television and
>> screened at film festivals throughout the United States, Germany,
>> Canada, Russia and Africa. Sponsored by The Nature Conservancy and
>> narrated by Edward Norton, the Great Rivers Expedition explores
>> the potential for the development of sustainable eco-tourism
>> through one of the most biologically diverse regions on earth and
>> one of the most ethnically diverse parts of China.  His most
>> recent work in Tibet andBhutan will be aired as part of an
>> upcoming Discovery Channel series.
>>

>> Mr. Kern is a founding member of FLOW, an international NGO whose
>> outreach efforts have been aimed at the cross-cultural development
>> and support of environmental protection, clean water, and
>> sustainable tourism.  He is a member of the Patagonia Ambassador
>> Program, which is designed to develop environmentally sound
>> products and programs worldwide.
>>

>> Mr. Kern will be presenting about issues related to water,
>> tourism, sustainable development, and the environment in China,
>> Tibet, and Bhutan.  His talk will include photographs and film
>> clips from these regions.
>>

>> Sponsored by the Department of Journalism and Mass Communication,
>> Global Studies, and the Wilderness Program @ SMC
>>

>> Todd A Johnstone-Wright
>> Director of Wilderness Programs
>> Saint Michael's College
>> Wilderness Program 258
>> One Winooski Park
>> Colchester, Vermont 05439
>> http://www.smcvt.edu/wilderness
>> Phone: 802.654.2614
>> Fax:  802.654.2688
>>
>> Give the pupils something to do, not something to learn; and the
>> doing is of such a nature as to demand thinking; learning
>> naturally results.
>>
>> John Dewey

----- End forwarded message -----

hey, did you know about this? Begin forwarded message: > From: john abbott <[log in to unmask]> > Date: October 16, 2007 3:07:42 PM EDT > To: [log in to unmask] > Subject: Fwd: Willie Kern > Reply-To: john abbott <[log in to unmask]> > > FYI:) > > Begin forwarded message: > >> From: "Wright, Todd" <[log in to unmask]> >> Date: October 16, 2007 1:11:14 PM EDT >> >> Sorry for the last minute notice but I thought some of you might >> be interested…. >> >> >>  >> Please join us for a presentation by >> >> >> Filmmaker, Environmentalist, and Internationally Renowned Kayaker >> >> Willie Kern >> >> Wednesday, October 17th >> >> 7:00pm >> >> McCarthy Arts Center >> >> >> Mr. Kern’s works have appeared in National Geographic Adventure >> and Outside Magazine. His documentary film work in China (The >> Yunnan Great Rivers Expedition) appeared on Outside Television and >> screened at film festivals throughout the United States, Germany, >> Canada, Russia and Africa. Sponsored by The Nature Conservancy and >> narrated by Edward Norton, the Great Rivers Expedition explores >> the potential for the development of sustainable eco-tourism >> through one of the most biologically diverse regions on earth and >> one of the most ethnically diverse parts of China. His most >> recent work in Tibet andBhutan will be aired as part of an >> upcoming Discovery Channel series. >> >> >> Mr. Kern is a founding member of FLOW, an international NGO whose >> outreach efforts have been aimed at the cross-cultural development >> and support of environmental protection, clean water, and >> sustainable tourism. He is a member of the Patagonia Ambassador >> Program, which is designed to develop environmentally sound >> products and programs worldwide. >> >> >> Mr. Kern will be presenting about issues related to water, >> tourism, sustainable development, and the environment in China, >> Tibet, and Bhutan. His talk will include photographs and film >> clips from these regions. >> >> >> Sponsored by the Department of Journalism and Mass Communication, >> Global Studies, and the Wilderness Program @ SMC >> >> >> Todd A Johnstone-Wright >> Director of Wilderness Programs >> Saint Michael's College >> Wilderness Program 258 >> One Winooski Park >> Colchester, Vermont 05439 >> [log in to unmask] >> http://www.smcvt.edu/wilderness >> Phone: 802.654.2614 >> Fax: 802.654.2688 >> >> Give the pupils something to do, not something to learn; and the >> doing is of such a nature as to demand thinking; learning >> naturally results. >> >> John Dewey >> >> >> >
--=_151jh5h1i76o--