VTBIRD Archives

October 2007

VTBIRD@LIST.UVM.EDU

From:
Holly Hungerford <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Vermont Birds <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 1 Oct 2007 07:23:12 -0400
Yesterday a White-crowned Sparrow showed up in our yard. He's still here
this morning along with female Purple Finches (I saw the male briefly
yesterday -- what a handsome bird he is!), a Song Sparrow, plenty of
Tufted Titmice, cardinals, chickadees, Blue Jays, Mourning Doves and one
or two White-breasted Nuthatches. Yesterday we also had three Catbirds and
a Sharpie in the feeder tree. It's been a busy weekend here in Charlotte.

Holly Hungerford