SKIVT-L October 2007, Week 5

Re: Re Cochran's Ski Sale Time!

Wesley Alan Wright <[log in to unmask]>

Wed, 31 Oct 2007 15:52:53 -0400

On Oct 30, 2007, at 5:01 PM, Jim Crowley wrote:

> Allen wrote:
>
>> It is also the only non prophet ski area in the country dedicated
>> to providing
>> skiing at an affordable price to give many the opportunity that we
>> had when we
>> were younger.
>
> While Cochran's is great, it's not the only non-profit ski area in
> the country
> providing affordable skiing for kids.

Many people forget that as a skier owned cooperative, Mad River Glen
is also a non-profit (Bylaws Article I section 3, http://
www.madriverglen.com/coop/?Page=.%2F5bylaws.html&dir=. ).

Free passes* for kids under 12 and $35 midweek full day passes is
some evidence of "dedicated to providing skiing at an affordable price."

*  	We can meet most anyone's prices even if we have to raise our
own.  Batteries not included or may be included if you ask nicely.
Under 17 not admitted without parent.  Terms are subject to change
without notice.  These items have not been safety tested for children
under the age of three.  Illustrations are slightly enlarged to show
detail.  Intended solely for the private use of our audience.  Any
resemblance to actual persons, living, dead or undead, is
unintentional and purely coincidental.  Do not remove this disclaimer
under penalty of law.  Hand wash only. Tumble dry on low heat.  Do
not bend, fold, mutilate, or spindle.  Your mileage may vary.  No
substitutions allowed except by us, see #1  For a limited time only.
The message is void where prohibited, taxed, or otherwise
restricted.  Caveat emptor.  Prices may vary in Alaska, Hawaii, and
Puerto Rico but we don't ship outside the continental US unless you
pay us lots and lots of money.  Message is provided "as is" without
any warranties.  Reader assumes full responsibility.  Past
performance does not predict future results and people can and do
lose money.  An equal opportunity offender.  Guys: No shoes, no
shirt, no sale. Quantities are limited while supplies last.  If any
defects are discovered, do not attempt to repair them yourself, but
return to an authorized service center which we are not.  Read at
your own risk.  Parental advisory - explicit lyrics.  Owners may
contain explicit materials that some people may find objectionable,
parental guidance is advised.  Please be offended in the privacy of
your own home. If you are offended, see disclaimer #1.  Keep away
from sunlight.  Keep away from pets and small children.  You need not
be present to win.  You need to be present to win.  Some assembly
required.  No assembly required.  Action figures sold separately.  No
preservatives added.  Slippery when wet.  Safety goggles may be
required during use.  Sealed for your protection, do not use if
safety seal is broken.  Call before you dig.  Not responsible for
damages occurring through the use, misuse, or inability to use this
product.  For external use only.  Swallow at your own risk.  If rash,
irritation, redness, or swelling develops, discontinue use.  These
products have not been allergy tested.   These have not been Kid
tested, Mother approved but Dad may like them.  Use only with proper
ventilation.  Avoid extreme temperatures and store in a cool dry
place.  Keep away from open flames.  Avoid contact with eyes and skin
and avoid inhaling fumes.  Do not puncture, incinerate, or store
above 120 degrees Fahrenheit.  Do not place near a flammable or
magnetic source.  Do not microwave.  Smoking this message could be
hazardous to your health.  No salt, MSG, artificial color or
flavoring added.  If ingested, do not induce vomiting, and if
symptoms persist, consult a physician.  May cause drowsiness, alcohol
may intensify this effect.  Use caution when operating a car or
dangerous machinery.  Possible penalties for early withdrawal.  Offer
valid only at participating sites.  Slightly higher west of the
Rockies.  Allow four to six weeks for delivery.  Must be 18 to
purchase.  Objects in mirror are closer than they appear.  Knives are
sharper than they appear.
  Disclaimer does not cover misuse, accident, lightning, flood,
tornado, tsunami, volcanic eruption, earthquake, hurricanes and other
Acts of God, neglect, damage from improper use, incorrect line
voltage, improper or unauthorized reading, broken antenna or marred
cabinet, missing or altered serial numbers, electromagnetic radiation
from nuclear blasts, sonic boom vibrations, customer adjustments that
are not covered in this list, and incidents owing to an airplane
crash, ship sinking or taking on water, motor vehicle crashing,
dropping the item, falling rocks, leaky roof, broken glass, mud
slides, forest fire, or projectile (which can include, but not be
limited to, arrows, bullets, shot, B Bs, shrapnel, lasers, napalm,
torpedoes, or emissions of X-rays, Alpha, Beta and Gamma rays,
knives, stones, etc.).  Other restrictions may apply.  Contents
measured by weight only, contents may settle in transit.  May cause
random outbursts of extreme violence, epileptic seizures, or
whatever.  Actual item may differ from illustration on box.  If you
feel our shipping charges or any other charges are too high, then
open up your own business.  We reserve the right to refuse service to
anyone for any reason we deem fit.  Store in non-humid areas.
Tetanus shots not included.  Shipping peanuts are not edible.  Do not
lick the blades.  Pictures may not be what is described as we may
have screwed up, same goes with prices. (oops)  Do not use in or
around electrical power sources.  To prevent electrical shock hazard,
do not expose to rain or moisture.  Do not remove cover. No user
serviceable parts inside.  Keep hands and other body parts away from
cutting surface.  Read all instructions carefully. Use dictionary for
the big words.  You may not purchase these items if you have been
judged mentally incompetent or convicted of a felony by a court.  You
have the right to remain silent. If you give up this right, anything
you say can and will be used against you by us at anytime we deem
fit, especially if a reward is involved or if we need to beat the
stuffing out of you..  If you have to ask how much it is, you still
may be able to afford it.  If our price sounds reasonable to you, buy
it. If it doesn't, buy it anyway.  Do not exceed recommended dosage.
Most items can cause damage to pacemakers.  Do not use while
driving.  Do not place items in the area over an airbag or in the
airbag deployment area. If the airbag inflates, item may be propelled
with great force and cause serious injury to occupants of vehicle.
Sheath item when entering any area with a potentially explosive
atmosphere unless it is a type especially qualified for use in such
areas. Sparks in a potentially explosive atmosphere can cause an
explosion or fire resulting in bodily injury or death.  Contents hot
when heated.  The floggings will continue until morale improves.  We
believe in fairness; we'll arm all sides for the right price.  If
taken internally serious gastric disturbances will result.  Do not
dispose of in toilets.  Any insult is purely a mistake and is due to
the stupidity and insensitivity of the reader.  All pricing is
subject to change without notice depending on who you are and how we
feel at the time.  Posting of pictures sent in are purely at the
discretion of the site owners. ( but really of the guy that does the
web page.)  Please note that Country of Origin Does Not determine the
quality of the product.    Although some of the swords pictured are
sharp and functional, they are not recommended or designed for
chopping tree limbs, brush, or for general utility use. Swords
damaged or broken due to misuse will void the manufacturerís
warranty.   All pricing and specifications are subject to change
without notice.  Do not poke your eye out or anyone else's for that
matter  Any bodily injury on your part may cause severe fits of
laughter on our part followed by a possible call to emergency
services.  Dry Clean Only.  Don't run with scissors, or any sharp
objects, unless we can watch. see #118.  Owners don't play well with
others unless they have a ball-gag and "others" have large boobies.
It's not the size of the blade, it's how you stab it, and the angle
of the thrust.  Armor is made to fit normal-sized people of the
middle ages so be real about your size. So do not complain if it
doesn't fit you. Remember no refunds.  If I am bigger than you, I am
higher on the food chain.  Do not sit with a sword in your pocket.
Do not chew or crush.  May impair ability to drive or operate heavy
machinery.  Test in an inconspicuous area before use.  Use care until
you become familiar with its effects.  Intentional misuse by
deliberately inhaling contents can be fatal.  To prevent production
migration, do not wash by hand or machine.  For those who need to
haggle, we will gladly raise the price so we can give you a
discount.  If you are grouchy, irritable, or just plain mean, there
will be a $100.00 charge for putting up with your BS.  Any captions
on the pictures are our opinions whether they are true or not.  These
products not intended for use as a dental drill.  We only use the
freshest premium quality products.  Irritant to eyes and skin.  Avoid
contact with eyes and mucous membranes.  The use of this product by
more than one person may spread infections.  Extreme heat may cause
melting.  Four out of Five dentists surveyed would recommend our
product for their patients who can chew.  Do not store in potentially
dusty places.  This item comes unfilled.  Cottage cheese not
included.  (it's an Okie thing)  All federal, state and local income
and other taxes are solely the responsibility of the winner.  All
research statistics are blatantly flagrant.  Pocky not included.  As
seen on TV.  Assembled somewhere after being manufactured somewhere
else.  Avoid alcoholic beverages while using this product.  Avoid
prolonged or repeated contact with skin.  Avoid prolonged exposure to
ultraviolet light.  May cause damage to TV screens.  Because some
jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion or limitation
of liability for consequential or incidental damages, the above
limitations may not apply to you.  Breaking seal constitutes
acceptance of this agreement.  Sanitized for your protection.  By
continuing to use these items you indicate your awareness of and
consent to these terms and conditions of use.  May cause drowsiness,
nausea, dizziness, or blurred vision.  Colors may, in time, fade.
Close cover before striking.  Consult your physician before use.
Consult your physician if pain continues for more than 5 days.
Contains a substantial amount of non-tobacco ingredients that are
high in iron.  Credit will be extended to those persons born before
1901, as long as
they are accompanied by their parents; some restrictions apply.
Harmful or fatal if swallowed.  Dealer prep extra.  Stays crunchy in
milk.  Do not attempt to put in pants.  Use of a lubricant may
greatly ease insertion.  Do not attempt to stop the blade with your
hand.  In case of water landing, cannot be used as floatation
device.   Front toward enemy; do not eat.  Do not use for drying
pets.  Do not use while sleeping or unconscious.  Don't quote me on
anything  Excessive use may lead to paper cuts.  For indoor or
outdoor use only.  If you do not understand, or cannot read, all
directions, cautions and warnings, do not use this product.  LOG OFF
IMMEDIATELY if you do not agree to the conditions stated in this
warning.  Made from 100% recycled electrons and magnetic particles.
May be too intense for some viewers.  May be unsuitable for sensitive
people.  May cause any of the aforementioned effects and/or death.
May cause excitability.  May contain small parts.  Misuse may cause
injury or death.  Must be at least 18 years of age to be an
considered a legal adult.  Neither the seller nor the manufacturer
will be liable for any brain
damage arising from the use of this product.  No anchovies unless
otherwise specified.  No animals were harmed in the creation of this
site.  No measurable fat content.  No other warranty expressed or
implied.  All sales final.  No substitutions, exchanges or refunds,
unless we say so.  Not affiliated with any government agency.  Not
affiliated with Texas A & M or any other institution of higher
learning.  Not available in all states.  Not available with other
offers.  Not responsible for direct, indirect, incidental or
consequential
damages resulting from any defect, error or failure to perform.  Not
responsible for typographical errors.  It is always the computer's
fault.  Some items are not street legal in some states.  Now
available without a prescription!  Nutritional information available
on request.  Price and participation may vary.  Price based on
availability.  Provided "as is" without any warranties expressed or
implied.  Reference herein to any specific commercial products,
process, or service by trade name, trademark, manufacturer, or
otherwise, does not necessarily constitute or imply its endorsement,
recommendation, or favoring by the United States Government.
Shipping & handling extra.  Should you need legal advice, please
consult your lawyer.  Some humor and satire included.  Everything is
subject to change without notice.  Supervise children and adults as
necessary until capable of using without supervision.  The buyer
assumes all risks associated with using this product.  The slight
variations in color and texture enhance its individual
character and beauty and in no way are to be considered flaws or
defects.  The user takes full responsibility for everything and
anything that
could and/or does go wrong resulting in any kind or type of problem,
difficulty, embarrassment, loss of money or goods or services or
sleep or anything else whatsoever.  This web site is NOT intended as
legal advice.  We always try to meet or exceed our own expectations.
What you are expecting is irrelevant.  No information provided herein
shall be used in a manner which is adverse to Lazy Dragon.  If either
party is prevented from carrying out the provisions hereof by reason
of any act of God, war, revolution, blockade, strike, riot,
earthquake, cyclone, fire, flood, rail car shortage or delay by
carrier, fuel shortage, embargo, lockout or other labor disturbance,
the operation of statutes of law, interference of civil or military
authority or other providential, governmental or physical cause,
existing or future, beyond the reasonable control of the parties,
interfering with the production or receipt of items as herein
contemplated, the party so interfered with, upon prompt, written
notice to the other party in advance of actual shipment, shall be
excused from making or taking deliveries to the extent of such
interference. If such a delay extends beyond thirty (30) days, either
party will have the option of terminating the Purchase Order.