AIKIDO December 2007

A New Semester

UVM Aikido Club <[log in to unmask]>

Wed, 5 Dec 2007 17:28:39 -0500

Hey everyone,

I just wanted to send out an email of what happened at our meeting.

1. We are having a night to hang out and celebrate our completion of
the semester next Friday night, Dec. 14th.  We are baking a cake and
having a collection bin to fill up the rest of the money we need to
fundraise.  Yes, we decided to just fork over the money.  But this
money will go into our fundraise account and we will be able to use
that for whatever we want.

2. The extra money from this semester will be used to help people go
to a seminar.  Which one is yet to be decided but I have two that we
know about so far that are out of state.  Seminars cost money, and so
does eating out, but we can usually save some money and sleep at the
dojo.  We can also get extra money through supplementary funding if we
can plan far enough in advance.

January
20 - 21	 Claude Berthiaume Shihan and Benjamin Pincus Shidoin and Todd
Martin Shidoin to Aikido de la Montagne Aikido and Iaido

March
9 - 11	 Mr. Y. Yamada Shihan and K. Chiba Shihan and Claude Berthiaume
Shihan and D. Farrell Shidoin to New England Aikikai Spring Seminar

Unless this second seminar schedule changes, it falls on the first
weekend of our spring break so there would be no school schedule
conflicts.

3. We are going to do the February Spring Activities Fair where we sit
at a table, answer questions, and maybe get a couple new members.

4.  We distributed responsibilities among club members, and if you
want to help we are more than happy to have it.  Here is a summary for
everyone and for those who signed up to help in case you didn't write
it down:

Abe -  Will manage the listserve and will be the one to contact
        He will also keep track of who will be getting the club
discount and how much money we have at the dojo as well as in our SGA
accounts.

Miles and Tom (and Geoff) - Will be the contact for SGA and will take
care of forms and all the fun SGA procedures for money, liability
waivers, etc.

Geoff (and Kelly?) - Will be our liasons for the Martial Arts council
and with Leon, the club sports coordinator. This involves
collaborating with the other groups, tae kwon do and brazilian jiu
jitsu.  There will be another meeting at the beginning of next semester.

Hannah and Geoff (and Kelly?) - Will organize dates, places, and times
for meetings as well as any other group events that we might want to
do. We need to have meetings at least once a month so members can
qualify for discounts (you have to show up to meetings if you want the
discount unless you contact someone, Abe will be the contact).

Use the listserve to talk to one another to make things run a little smoothly.
Good luck on your exams and I'll talk to you soon about finalizing
plans for next Friday. :)

Danielle