Re: Thank you for your great help!

Kazuko Suzuki <[log in to unmask]>

Japanese House <[log in to unmask]>

Sun, 2 Dec 2007 18:48:01 -0500

Hello everyone,
Hope you had a good time at the party and not too tired from it. Thank
you all for helping and initiating great events throughout the semester.

My suggestion would be to have some common goals that would contribute
to the university's dedication to create culturally-diverse
educational environment. Something to promote Japanese House/Asian
American activiites or acknowledge whoever contributed to this event.
Announcements, people performing music/songs (Japanese stuff, by
students, etc.), poetry reading, etc. Acknowledgement of contributors
would be important I think. If the number of participants is about the
same, I would invite Japanese people from the community. I did not
invite anyone thinking too many may come this time.
Potluck part may be advertised stronger next time. If participants
prefer not to bring food, they can contribute by doing something such
as making origami at the party and later send them to Hiroshima, for
example. Create something to give away to nursing home...etc. This
idea would tie into reaching a common goal and promoting Japanese
cultural education.
Tea ran out so often. Bringing those electric boilers would be good next time.
Definitely liked those tables and plenty of space. I would vote for
having the party again at the fireplace lounge.

Sorry for long e-mail. Please circulate your thoughts and ideas for
next sushi party.

Otsukaresama deshita! (thank you for working hard!)

Kazuko Suzuki
Department of Asian Languages and Literatures
University of Vermont
479 Main Street
Burlington, VT 05405
Tel:(802)656-4477