]

Font:

LISTSERV Archives

MEDLIB-L Home

MEDLIB-L  December 2007, Week 3

MEDLIB-L December 2007, Week 3

Re: MEDLIB-L Digest - 18 Dec 2007 to 19 Dec 2007 (#2007-213)

Library <[log in to unmask]>

Library <[log in to unmask]>

Thu, 20 Dec 2007 08:35:40 -0500

Has anyone read: Overdosed America: The Broken Promise of American Medicine: by John Abramson.

In light of the EMB conversations and healthcare in the US I was wondering what librarians can feel about the work we collect, manage and pass along. This book has me very confused, angry, and a bit frightened.  Dr. Abramson spoke at the NAHSL conference this past Oct in Woodstock Vt.  He was/is very passionate about medicine and what drives healthcare in the US.

Much like: Food Politics

How the Food Industry Influences Nutrition and Health

By Marion Nestle, Ph.D., M.P.H.,

it becomes obvious how much of our health information and care is driven by the value of a dollar and not of human life. I am saddened when I am not outraged.

Sheila Belzer, MSLIS

Saint Mary's Hospital

Waterbury, CT