SCHOOL-IT January 2008

Re: VISTA interest increasing

Bjorn Behrendt <[log in to unmask]>

Wed, 23 Jan 2008 10:11:45 -0500

I already have the Windows ME frisbee, never flew straight.   I also got the Windows Vista Freisbee, but it is so heavy all it does is crash to the ground. I called Windows on this and they told me to upgrade to the robotic arm.

-bj

p.s. I got an Ubuntu Ultimate Frisbee game going, it is open to anybody interested in joining.

----- Original Message -----
From: "David Isham" <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: Wednesday, January 23, 2008 9:56:42 AM (GMT-0500) America/New_York
Subject: Re: VISTA interest increasing

Anyone need a copy of Windows ME?

David Isham
Network Administrator
Grand Isle Supervisory Union
5038 US Rte 2
North Hero, VT 05474
802-372-6921 vox
802-372-4898 fax

-----Original Message-----
From: School Information Technology Discussion [mailto: [log in to unmask] ] On Behalf Of Darth Vader
Sent: Tuesday, January 22, 2008 1:08 PM
To: [log in to unmask]

I have been using SP1, it and it is much better. Also, I’m having great success with the 64bit version of Vista and that’s running well even without SP1. I’m happily surprised by this since I was convinced Vista 64 would much, much worse. I’m not saying it’s time for anyone to switch, but it ain’t so bad as people make it out to be.

MS claims to be on track for Windows 7 (that’s the next one) with a RC1 early 2009. Because they are going to move releases out faster they will offer 16 versions of Windows 7 instead of the meager offerings of 6 Vista flavors (Vista Basic not being allowed for sale in the US)… ok maybe not 16, but I wonder if “Windows 7” has “7” in there out of coincidence?

Mike

batman_yellow_50x50.jpg

Michael Vining, SB Network Services

South Burlington School District