VTBIRD Archives

January 2008

VTBIRD@LIST.UVM.EDU

From:
Jim Mead <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Vermont Birds <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 19 Jan 2008 18:33:24 -0500
I was driving along Snake Mtn. Rd. in Addison this afternoon and flushed up 6
Eastern Bluebirds. There were 2 males in the group and their colors were
brilliant. I found them 2.6 miles south of where Snake Mtn. Rd. intersects with
Rte 23.

Later in the afternoon, I was driving south on Basin Harbor Rd. in Ferrisburg. I
had just passed Jersey St. when I noticed two adult Bald Eagles on a snag,
across the Big Otter River. One Eagle was eating something (my guess would
be a fish). The other Eagle was perched above the 1st one & to the its' right.
The 2nd one seemed to want some of the meal, but the 1st one had
apparently reserved a table, only for one... That was the best look I've had at
adult Bald Eagles. The sun was behind me and they were only about 35 feet
away. I stayed in my vehicle while observing them & they did not get spooked.

Enjoy Birds,

Jim Mead