It's worth noting that the skin rash that occurs in humans after exposure to
poison ivy is, in fact, an allergic (ie immune) reaction to the oil on the
leaves of the plant. Accordingly, the rash tends to be worse with repeated
exposures over time as your immune system "remembers" exposures in the past.
Curiously, a small percentage of people (10% or so) fail to develop the usual
allergic response to poison ivy. I do not advise challenging yourself to see if you
are one of the lucky 10%, however.
**************Start the year off right. Easy ways to stay in shape.