Font:

LISTSERV Archives

SKIVT-L Home

SKIVT-L  March 2008, Week 1

SKIVT-L March 2008, Week 1

Re: Stowe and the Environment

"Matthew D. Bruhns" <[log in to unmask]>

Sat, 1 Mar 2008 06:29:26 -0500

Re-reading my hasty post from last night, I realize that I didn't
really address the central issues. My response to runoff differences
with regard to land use  land cover was more directed at runoff for
non-frozen precip...which is what my current job is more focused on.

I believe that the snow research aim is to help understand the water
yield in the two watersheds. Wes, thats a pretty good summary of Dr
Wemple's findings to date (I think she is a co-PI with Jamie Shanley
of the USGS though) A big question raised by the initial findings
relates to the water yield differences between ranch brook and west
branch. In short, the developed West Branch watershed has a
significantly larger amount of water coming out/off of it, and one of
the drivers might be snowmaking. Hence the snow pack studies.
Interesting research if you like to play in the area, and a great
place to conduct research...if you like to scope out lines and stashes
:-)

I'd be happy to discuss this with anyone who's curious, but now I'm
off to Woodward. Maybe a rookie TR to follow?

-Matt B

Quoting Alex Friend <[log in to unmask]>:

> Allen, I understand your frustration with Mt. AIG, and appreciate
> your photos and adventures from it. I think you have spoken with
> your pass dollars, when you could have bought a Triple Major pass to
>  MRG/BV/Jay for $269. What good does farting in a crowded gondola
> do?  Also, I am not familiar with the phenomenon you describe:
>> i will continue to take nasty beer stihs in those ritzy bathrooms.
>
> Is this the result of consuming nasty reeb?

Matthew Bruhns
Graduate Research Assistant
Aquatic Ecology and Watershed Science
The Rubenstein School of Environment and Natural Resources
218B George D. Aiken Center
The University of Vermont
81 Carrigan Drive
Burlington, VT 05405-0088