Freedom Seder - April 17

access <[log in to unmask]>

ACCESS Info <[log in to unmask]>

Mon, 7 Apr 2008 08:22:35 -0400

-------- Original Message --------
Subject:     Freedom Seder - April 17
Date:     Fri, 04 Apr 2008 13:35:23 -0400
From:     Alex Lehning <[log in to unmask]>

Hello,

My name is Alex Lehning, I am the graduate assistant for UVM Hillel. I
am working with our undergraduate interns to organize a Freedom Seder
on April 17, from 7-9pm in the Levak Ballroom.

I am writing to you to invite ACCESS Services to participate in or
collaborate with our seder/multicultural dinner.

A Freedom Seder is an event where people come together to discuss and
learn about different ways of overcoming oppression and promoting
diversity (a traditional Passover Seder is a meal where the story
about the Jewish People?s escape from slavery in ancient Egypt to
freedom is remembered).

We would like to invite your group to submit a poem, short story,
personal narrative, or song that speaks to the themes of oppression,
redemption, and/or freedom. Most of these materials will be complied
into a guide that will be used at the Freedom Seder. We also invite  you
to prepare a dish/es for all to enjoy "pot-luck style" at the  dinner
following the Seder.

We are committed to hosting this event free of charge, so that all can
attend. If your organization is able to contribute funds towards  making
this Freedom Seder a reality, that would be greatly  appreciated. Also
feel free to share or forward this information to  anyone you feel would
be interested in participating in this event.

Thank you, and we hope to see you on April 17! If you have any
questions, please feel free to contact me [log in to unmask]

Best,
Alex Lehning
UVM Hillel Graduate Assistant

--
"As long as the differences and diversities of mankind exist, democracy must allow for compromise, for accommodation, and for the recognition of differences."
Eugene McCarthy

Sharon Mone
Program Support Manager
UVM ACCESS/ASP
A170 Living/Learning
633 Main St.
Burlington, VT 05405
P:802.656.7753
F:802.656.0739
www.uvm.edu/access

This e-mail may contain information protected under the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA). If this email contains student information and you are not entitled to access such information under FERPA, please notify the sender. Federal regulations require that you destroy this email without reviewing it and you may not forward it to anyone.