VTBIRD Archives

May 2008

VTBIRD@LIST.UVM.EDU

From:
Bruce and Mary Lou <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Vermont Birds <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 8 May 2008 07:30:18 -0400
Yesterday, May 7, my FOY White crowned Sparrow showed up in the yard along with a small group of 5 Siskins.  It was a treat to see them again.  Monday, May 5, while stocking fish down in the Rawsonville area along the Windhall River I saw a Merlin and heard Black throated Blue and Black throated Green Warblers, Black and White Warblers.  There were Spotted Sandpipers along several sections of the river.  On another outing on Tuesday up into Addison Co. I heard my FOY catbird calling from the edge of an old orchard in an area just north of Snake Mt. The humming bird feeder is out and ready.

Mary Lou Webster
Brandon