VTBIRD Archives

May 2008

VTBIRD@LIST.UVM.EDU

From:
Gregory Askew <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Vermont Birds <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 9 May 2008 12:01:51 -0400
What if King Jay was simply exacting tribute from his minion, woodpecker,
with the promise not to eat her eggs this season?
On a serious note, I wonder if there's evidence of interspecific
relationships of domination and submission, especially given the
intelligence and well-documented sociality of the corvids.
Greg
Vergennes