SCIENCE-FOR-THE-PEOPLE Archives

August 2008

SCIENCE-FOR-THE-PEOPLE@LIST.UVM.EDU

From:
Louis Proyect <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 27 Aug 2008 09:12:01 -0400
Louis R. Godena wrote:
> The mad ranting of our next king by Rob Johnston
>
> With his over-emotional, fact-lite insistence that GM is ‘destroying
> everything!’, Charles echoes his unfortunate ancestor George III.
>
> No one ever accused Prince Charles of having a good grasp of science or a keen
> analytical mind. But, even by his standards, his complaints about GM crops last
> week were quite bizarre.
>
> In an interview with the UK Daily Telegraph (1), the prince blamed scientists
> and multi-national companies for ‘an experiment with nature which had gone
> seriously wrong’, for ‘damage being wreaked on the earth’s soil’ and for ‘huge
> salination problems in Western Australia’.
>
> full: http://www.spiked-online.com/index.php?/site/article/5601/

Louis Godena keeps crossposting from Spiked. I wonder if he has a
political analysis of these renegades from Marxism. Or maybe Louis has
washed his hands of Marxism himself? In any case, Spiked online is
pro-capitalist even though they are rather demure about using the word
capitalism itself. Mostly, it is euphemisms about "economic development"
or "human progress", all in all reminding me a lot of the sort of thing
that Ronald Reagan used to say when he was the host of GE Theater in the
1950s.