AIKIDO September 2008

READ IF YOU MISSED MEETING

UVM Aikido Club <[log in to unmask]>

Mon, 29 Sep 2008 11:07:24 -0400

I feel like there was some confusion about where we were meeting last
week, I changed it friday morning because of the rain and no one
showed up.  I hope that doesn't happen again.  There are things that
need to be done by the next time we meet.

UVM INSURANCE WAIVORS need to be filled out and that can be done
online.  Even if you are vaguely considering starting to train this
year please do it anyways as it will be one less thing to keep track
of later.  To find these here are the steps
1. Go to uvm.edu/a-z
2. click on Club Sports
3. On the left hand menu it should say "TheLynx" and that you should click on
4. If you haven't become registered into the Lynx program you have to
do that, and all you have to do is follow the instructions on the
right hand side of the screen.
5. Once you are registered and logged in, the bar where it says
"Browse Organizations or Jump to ______" type in Aikido Club and then
click the "Go" button
6. If there is a "Join" option then you can do that, or if you don't
need to you can skip this step
7. Once you are logged in and at the Aikido club site, look at the
"Recent Activity" listing under the "Testing" events.  There you will
find Leon created the form "Club Sports Insurance Waiver/Agreement to
Participate", click on this link.
8. fill out the form and submit it then email me once you have
completed this process.

If this sounds confusing that is why I scheduled the meeting so we
could walk through the steps together.  This is a new system they just
installed and all the students are learning how to work it.  If you
really need a paper form set up a time to meet me on campus this week
to get it, or go to the SGA and pick up a form yourself and pass it
into Leon (he's at a desk near where all the forms are located).

NEXT MEETING will tentatively be held at 1230pm outside of the dojo on
Pine St. this Saturday October4th.  We can grab some lunch down the
street at Freshmarket and figure out our schedules so we can find a
time to train.  Hannah has generously offered us her basement space
and mats to use so we can train, and there are some free practice
times at the dojo as well.  It would be great if we could get together
and train once a week or once every other week.  If this time doesn't
work let me know ASAP as we can find a better time. I have a lot of
tests coming up and I can't spend another hour like this last friday
just hanging out with a couple people (although they are very likable)
^.^ .

A FUNDRAISER will happen next week or the week after.  I will try and
reserve a space in the Davis Center at a table for us.  We will be
holding a raffle, the item for raffle is up to discussion right now.
I thought something useful would be a City Market Gift card (since I
get a discount we can make more profit) for $25 and sell tickets for
$1 each, or $2 whatever.  Then at the end of the day we call or email
the person and set up when they can pick up their prize.  I feel that
half of whatever we make should be donated to the Youth At Risk
program that the dojo is starting and we can advertise that.

REMEMBER club activity participation is MANDATORY to continue your
continue use of the discount.  If you don't contact me about the
meetings or do not show up continuously, I reserve the right to ban
you from getting the discount.  Please don't make me do that, all I
ask is for an email or an hour every couple of weeks so this club can
run smoothly.  Good luck with your tests coming up and take care

Danielle