LISTSERV Archives

CATAYAKKAYAK Home

CATAYAKKAYAK  September 2008

CATAYAKKAYAK September 2008

Kayak Info Update

"Clay C. Murphy" <[log in to unmask]>

Catayak Kayak and Canoe Club <[log in to unmask]>

Sat, 27 Sep 2008 22:24:26 -0400

Hello paddlers,

Tomorrow evening (SUNDAY) at 8 pm will be our second pool session of
the semester.  For the sake of any newcomers there will be an
accelerated lecture similar to the one given last week.  There will
also be a demonstration and practice of the ?Hand of God.?   Please do
not forget your dues of $10 if you have not paid.

If you have not yet joined the club on ?the lynx @ uvm? please do so.
Please see http://thelynx.collegiatelink.net.  You will be able to
sign up for trips and submit other forms on this server only.  If you
have not created your profile and registered yet, it takes two
seconds.  Once you?re signed into the system you can join the UVM
Kayak Club (Catayak).  Once you are a confirmed member of the club,
you are able to access all the features of the server.  Most
importantly, everyone is required to complete the Club Sports
Insurance Waiver/ Agreement to Participate.  This can be accessed by
clicking the ?Forms? link.  The due date for this form in Oct 7th.

PE Credit:  The due date for add drop is Oct 7th as well.  If you are
interested in this credit please complete the add / drop form and
bring it to pool session.  VP George Lester will be collecting these
forms and turning them in to the Club Sports Coordinator (Leon).  If
needed, your form can be handed in directly to Leon in the SGA offices
of the DC.  Once again, the course code is 93562.  Also, the form says
social security number, but this must mean student ID number.

About the trip: I hope this doesn?t toss everyone?s panties into a
bunch but the true dates of the trip will be Oct 11th and 12th (not
Oct. 4 and 5 as said before).  We will be traveling to the Deerfield
River for their last dam releases of the season.  The Fifebrook
section (class II-III) is perfect for novice paddlers, and for the
intermediate-advanced paddlers there?s the Dryway ( III-IV).  There
will be a trip interest survey on ?the lynx? system sometime this
week.  You must complete this form to be considered for the trip, so
once again, register and get on the lynx if you have not done so yet.

Unfortunately, several emails on the attendance sheets are illegible
and these people may not be receiving this email.  If you are one of
these persons click here, just kidding.   If you know of someone who
is interested have them contact me ([log in to unmask]).  Please feel
free to contact me with specific questions or comments.  If your
matter is not pertinent to the entire club, please to not hit reply to
this email, as the message will be sent to everyone.  If you  want  to
communicate with the club as a whole, address a new email to

More equipment is one the way!  If your looking to get some of your
own, everyone who is a club member has access to discounts at local
retailers.  I have also been contacted by a Jackson rep with some
local used boat deals.

1 Punk Rocker, Blue, 2007, Used once
1 Rocker, Yellow, 2007, lightly used
1 Mega Rocker, 2007, never paddled
1 Hero, 2008, Green, used on Class 1 water twice
1 Fun, 2008, Red, used on 67 Wave once

Name your price, all reasonable offers will be considered!   Email
[log in to unmask] for more info.

Best regards,

Clay Murphy

President UVM Kayak Club