AIKIDO January 2009

Happy New Year!

UVM Aikido Club <[log in to unmask]>

Fri, 2 Jan 2009 21:58:50 -0500

Hi all!

I hope your new year has gotten to a good start, we have a lot to do
to start this semester.  We didn't get a lot of fundraising done so we
need to put a big effort into fundraising and even if we don't make
the money I can make an argument that we tried and it just wasn't
successful.

FUNDRAISER: My idea is to go back to basics and have a
raffle/fundraiser.  We will raffle off either an intro series to start
aikido, a tea set I made, a city market gift certificate, or a UVM
bookstore gift certificate.  At the beginning of the semester, if we
do it early enough, the book store certificate may be a great idea.
We can also do a bake sale/hot cocoa or cider sale alongside this
raffle. I do like the idea of an intro series I just don't know how
profitable it will be.

MANDATORY MEETING: Will be held January 15th at 4:30pm on the first
floor of the Davis center in the chairs by the front door.  You have
to show up to this meeting to get the discount.  In february we can
have a more fun get together once we get the budget and fundraising
stuff out of the way.

I hope the fundraiser can happen the second week after classes start
again.  Let me know if you want the discount for this next semester
it's a little harder to coordinate with the break that we have.  So
take care and I'll see you in about a week :)

Danielle