]

Font:

LISTSERV Archives

SCIENCE-FOR-THE-PEOPLE Home

SCIENCE-FOR-THE-PEOPLE  January 2009

SCIENCE-FOR-THE-PEOPLE January 2009

Re: From Cynthia McKinney: We Lived to Tell the Story; Lebanon Rescued Us

Louis R Godena <[log in to unmask]>

Fri, 2 Jan 2009 12:28:13 -0500

One is tempted to congratulate and admire Cynthia McKinney following her
harrowing confrontation with the zionist terror state, though she did
deliberately place herself in harm's way when there were other, less
spectacular, avenues to accomplish pretty much the same thing.

The problem I have with McKinney stems from the aftermath of her failed 2002
re-election bid.  It was a sequel marked by the most undisguised
anti-Semitism on the part of herself, many of her supporters, and,
especially, members of her family (her father's infamous epigram about "the
J-E-W" being the sinister author of his daughter's undoing was rebuked by
neither Ms McKinney or any member of her campaign staff).   She has since
neither backed away from some of the more virulent anti-semitism of her
supporters nor evinced any desire to learn from her numerous gaffes while in
Congress, including a rather poor record for constituent services.   Her
presence in the m.e. to me serves to trivialize the pathos and suffering on
both sides without really offering any real tenable solutions to the
conflict.

Just my visceral reaction to Mitchel's post.

Louis G