SEEDS Archives

March 2009

SEEDS@LIST.UVM.EDU

From:
Alia Richardson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Seeds Volunteer Program <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 25 Mar 2009 18:55:29 -0400
Hi all,
	There are now two openings for coordinator positions for SEEDS for Fall
2009/Spring 2010.

Description of program:  SEEDS works throughout the Burlington area in
after school programs, educating children on the importance of
protecting our environment through crafts, games, and activities.
Students are paired with one to two other volunteers where they work
together to devise lesson plans and activities focused around
environmental topics.

Qualifications:  Must express an interest in environmental education.
Experience
working with children and designing lesson plans preferred.  Applicant
should have a strong work ethic, be flexible, and creatively minded.
Ability to work together with one other coordinator a plus.

Job Description/Expectations: As a coordinator, you will be responsible for
contacting schools, pairing students at schools, designing lesson plans for
use and distribution, holding biweekly meetings, etc.  You will act as a
resource for your volunteers.

For more information or details please contact me at [log in to unmask]
Hope to hear from you soon!

Alia Richardson