I started at my house in Essex Junction and went into Addison and back. The
following list of species is in the order that they were found.
1) American Crow-3 at my house at 6:13 a.m.
2) Black-capped Chickadee (same)
3) White-breasted Nuthatch (m) (same)
4) Northern Cardinal (m) (same)
5) American Goldfinch-6 (same)
6) Pine Siskin-2 (same)
7) Cedar Waxwing-61 in tree at Champlain Farms- Rte. 15 in E.J. at 6:42 a.m.
8) Bohemian Waxwing-4 (same)
9) House Sparrow-11 (same)
10) Blue Jay-2 (same)
11) European Starling-5 (same)
12) Cooper's Hawk at St. Michaels College at 6:56 a.m.
13) Rock Pigeon-7 in Winooski (near rotary) at 7:01 a.m.
14) Red-tailed Hawk at The Intervale in Burl. at 7:11 a.m.
15) Hairy Woodpecker (m) (same)
16) Red-winged Blackbird-50+ (same)
17) Mourning Dove on Grandview Dr. in So. Burl. at 7:29 a.m.
18) House Finch (m) (same) I was joined by Jim Osborn at this point.
19) Tufted Titmouse on Midland Ave. in So. Burl at 7:49 a.m.
20) American Tree Sparrow (same)
21) American Robin-300+ on foot path at end of Midland Ave. at 7:58 a.m.
22) Downy Woodpecker (f) (same)
23) Pileated Woodpecker (m) (same)
24) Red-breasted Nuthatch-2 (same)
25) Dark-eyed Junco-6 on Deerfield Dr. at 8:44 a.m.
26) Wild Turkey-59 on Bostwick Rd. in Shelburne at 9:01 a.m.
27) Common Goldeneye-50+ at Meach Cove in Shelburne at 9:12 a.m.
28) Hooded Merganser (m&f) (same)
29) Herring Gull-5 (same)
30) Ring-billed Gull-4 (same)
31) Great Black-backed Gull-2 (same)
32) Rough-legged Hawk (light morph) (same)
33) Bald Eagle (adult) (same)
34) Common Merganser-15 at Charlotte Town Beach at 9:42 a.m.
35) Bufflehead-16 (same)
36) Mallard-83 at McNeil Cove in Charlotte at 10:06 a.m.
37) American Black Duck-7 (same)
38) Lesser Scaup-9 (6m & 3f) (same)
39) Northern Pintail (m) (same)
40) Common Raven (same)
41) Red-breasted Merganser (m) in Converse Bay in Charlotte at 10:30 a.m.
42) Iceland Gull-2 juv. at Town Farm Bay in Charlotte at 10:49 a.m.
43) Eastern Bluebird-3 on Button Bay Rd. near Button Bay Park at 12:22 p.m.
44) Red-bellied Woodpecker (f) on Kellogg Bay Rd. in Ferrisburg at 12:41 p.m.
45) Turkey Vulture at Dead Creek WMVA in Addison on Rte. 17 at 2:40 p.m.
46) Northern Harrier (f) croosing Greenbush Rd. in Charlotte at 4:27 p.m.
47) Ring-necked Duck-(17m & 4f) at Meach Cove at 4:33 p.m.