We are thinking about doing some one-to-one computing in Milton with
If anyone has any experience with this, or is planning on doing it and has
thought this through, I would appreciate your input.
1. Do you insure them or do you offer insurance as an option to parents?
2. What liability do students/parents take when they get a laptop? Can
they opt out?
3. Do you use a student/parent permission form? If so, could you share a
4. Can they take these home at night, over vacations? What about summer?
5. Do you provide any cases for protection?
6. What do you provide for software?
7. What do you use for virus protection?
8. Do you "officially" monitor their use in any way? if so, how?
9. What else should I be thinking about?
Director of Information Technology Services
Milton Town School District
42 Herrick Avenue
Milton, VT 05468
(802)893-3210 FAX 893-3227
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail message, including any attachments, is
for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential
and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure, or
distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please
contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy/delete all copies of the