SKIVT-L April 2009, Week 3

Re: Stowe Closing Weekend

Joshua Auerbach <[log in to unmask]>

Mon, 20 Apr 2009 13:39:32 -0400

That chapel woods run was definitely a highlight for me.  One of my
first attempts at going in the trees with two planks after riding the
board for so many years.  The mandatory rock ledge at the entrance was a
great way to throw myself in the deep end ;-) (I managed not to hurt
myself too bad).

Also, definitely a surprise we all made it across that grass field
unscathed.

That was fun, however it would have to rank second in my highlights of
the day.  Number 1 would be getting to the top at 3:45 with Aaron and
Josh and wanting to squeeze in one more run.  We raced down liftline (me
back on the snowboard at this point) and somehow managed to get to the
base with 8 minutes to spare.  Rode back up once more time to join the
party up top, Bypass -> Gondolier with Scott and crew and onto the
grilling and reebs.  What a great day to cap a great season.  It was
great to ski/ride with so many of you yesterday and all season long on
the mighty Mansfield.

-Josh