]

Font:

LISTSERV Archives

SCIENCE-FOR-THE-PEOPLE Home

SCIENCE-FOR-THE-PEOPLE  June 2009

SCIENCE-FOR-THE-PEOPLE June 2009

Re: CLIMATE CHANGE: 'We Have Run Out of Time'

mart <[log in to unmask]>

Mon, 15 Jun 2009 07:02:59 -0700

i note that colin bradford who is quoted as saying neoliberal economics (eg growth) is unsustainable, the wrong way to go, etc.   However he was at the world bank, which was a main purveyor of that agenda, and is at brookings, which also has many people on board who promote growth, sprawl, etc.  I guess like Soros he has misgivings about the field which made him a fine living.

his current papers actually say one way towards 'global governance' is to drastically increase resources accessible to the IMF (another key player in both financial crises and non-sustainability).   I imagine he may next suggest Dick Cheney will be the point person towards demilitarization of iraq and afghanistan, since he is an expert on the subject.  (of course nixon did go to china).