Font:

Monospaced Font

LISTSERV Archives

IT-DISCUSS Home

IT-DISCUSS  July 2009

IT-DISCUSS July 2009

Re: Recent Windows Vista and XP freezing problems

"J. Greg Mackinnon" <[log in to unmask]>

Thu, 30 Jul 2009 22:36:39 -0400

So you have three computers from which you removed and reinstalled
NOD32, but not the KB972260 hotfix? And these systems all manifested
the lockup after re-installation? If so, that is pretty strong evidence.

If the Helpline and Client Services systems that were reported as fixed
this afternoon re-manifest, and removing the KB hotfix stabilizes them,
we will block re-installation of the KB hotfix on domain-joined systems.

We also will need to got the problem resolved at a more basic level
quickly. There are expected to be more critical Internet Explorer and
Operating System updates next week that cannot be left unpatched. Since
MS has taken to releasing IE updates as "cumulative" updates (combining
many previously released updates in a single package), we will encounter
this issue again if not properly addressed.

-Greg