Font:

LISTSERV Archives

AIKIDO Home

AIKIDO  September 2009

AIKIDO September 2009

Aikido Club: info for new members

Hannah Christine Reithinger <[log in to unmask]>

Hannah Christine Reithinger <[log in to unmask]>

Sat, 12 Sep 2009 21:21:06 -0400

Hello new or interested members!

Here is some information on the club. I realize this is a big email,
but please take the time to read it! (If you signed up before the
Activities Fair, you will have received a similar email before so you
don't have to!)

The way the UVM Aikido club works is that you will receive a $25
monthly discount for training at the Aikido of Champlain Valley Dojo
(website at http://www.aikidovt.org/ ). Once you pay the monthly dues
($45 with the discount), you will be able to go to any of the classes
offered there. You can see the schedule on their website. Gis
(uniforms) are required to train at an additional cost. Unfortunately,
we have not been able to get funds to help pay for Gis, but we can
discuss options if you think that this financial hurtle might keep you
off the mat.

The new Introductory Series begins on October 6th. Sensei usually
requests that new members watch a class or a demo before starting, as
well as taking the time to have a brief, informal meeting with him so
that he can get to know you. There is an Open House Workshop on
September 26th at 11am, which is also a great way to try a little
aikido before committing to anything.

Finally, I would like to request everyone to join the Aikido Club on
the new SGA website, the Lynx:
http://thelynx.collegiatelink.net/Community?action=getOrgHome&orgID=15590
.
Many of the forms you need to fill out can be found here and overall
it is a very user-friendly domain. I will slowly be phasing out the
use of this Listserv this semester because we have had problems in the
past of people wanting to be taken off the list and thus spamming the
listserv. If you would like to stop receiving emails from this list,
please send me an email ([log in to unmask]) and I will remove you.

I will be sending out another email soon with the info on our next
club meeting. Until then, feel free to email me if you have any
additional questions!

Thanks,
Hannah Reithinger