Font:

LISTSERV Archives

CSSA Home

CSSA  September 2009

CSSA September 2009

busses

"Robert M. Erickson" <[log in to unmask]>

Computer Science Student Association <[log in to unmask]>

Tue, 8 Sep 2009 11:15:50 -0400

ok so maybe i have not read all the comments :)

did tim raymond plant the idea? its one we had awhile ago. the ccta
bus is pretty accurate. sometimes though a bus breaks down and is a no
show. i have had to wait more than 20 minutes (a bus is supposed to
arrive every 15). if i knew the bus was not moving and broken down i
would have stayed in my office and kept working and just went out for
the next bus ( ie i went out 5 minutes early, no show till the next
bus (20 minute wait). or i could have walked down the bus line to the
next stop to get some exercise. in big cities you can see stop to
stop. here we cannot so it is a risk as the bus does not stop unless
there is a stop sign.

now shuttle buses which just run would be nice to know when the next
one is scheduled to arrive or something like that. ie over at the gym
after a game, one monitor showing dots where the buses are?

in any case feel free to stop in to my office and chat.

Be Cool,
     Bob E.

Robert M. Erickson
Senior Lecturer, Computer Science Department, University of Vermont
802.656.8137