]

Font:

LISTSERV Archives

VTBIRD Home

VTBIRD  January 2010

VTBIRD January 2010

Re: American Coot still in Shelburne Bay this morning/Bald Eagle sighting

john peckham <[log in to unmask]>

Vermont Birds <[log in to unmask]>

Fri, 29 Jan 2010 18:54:29 -0500

I ventured out to the bay this afternoon to see if I could find the Coot. I
wasn't as lucky as everyone else seems to have been, but I did get some good
views of mallards, mergansers and assorted waterfowl. The highlight of this
very chilly trip was a fly-over by a mature Bald Eagle as I headed back
towards my car. It came in over the water, and over the trail low in the
trees, and just above my head. I saw it circle and eventually head back over
the bay. I'm wondering if this is the same one I saw on the 27th over
Colchester, on Mountain View drive.  Anyhow, please keep us posted on any
future Coot sightings.

Good birding!

John Peckham
Williston