[Fwd: cultural and service proposal]

Amanda Flores <[log in to unmask]>

Mon, 8 Feb 2010 11:57:07 -0500

My name is Eduardo Tami, I´m an argentine flutist specialized in tango music.

Now I  start to organize the schedule for my next September / October
tour and want let you know my offering, in case you consider the
chance for host our visit.

Like usually,  I travel with my group: A musicians trio (flute, piano
and guitar) plus a couple of dancers, trying to bring a little bit of
our culture trough the music, dance and with the contact with students.

This will be my 9th. tour and I already visited around 40 universities in USA.

Usually our hosts are Music, Spanish or Dance Depts. (or all
together), sometimes with the cooperation of students organizations.

The activities proposed are the following:

Language Depts.

A lecture  for students enrolled in Spanish or other areas, e.g.:
Latin American Studies interested in the correlations between Tango
history and politics/economics events in Argentina from 1870 to
present. This is usually a recompilation of Contemporary Argentine
History and Lifestyle through Tango pieces played by the musicians
live, illustrated with powepoint images.

Depending on the students level I can do it in English, Spanish (or a mix)

Music Dept.

- A class for music students where we teach them how to play the
basics of a tango (the students are the ones who play the music and
based on my experience they enjoy it very much)

- A class for students enrolled in ”World Music” for general culture
(similar to the Language Dept. but in English and with more musical
elements)

- Classes for flute, piano or/and guitar students with tango resources
(it is not about the technical aspect of the instrument but
interpretation).

- I would like to invite some professors of the faculty to perform
with us a couple of pieces in our final concert. (I send the scores in
advance)

http://es.youtube.com/watch?v=Ez-tF9HGHTs&feature=user In Mansfield
University (Pennsylvania) with flute professor Dr. Moulton

Dance Dept.

A class to learn the basics about dance Tango.

For the Comunity

Also a social dance class

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&VideoID=48100225
Our dancers in an exhibition after a comunity tango class in Oberlin
Oh (2008)

A final concert with music and dance. Where some professor could be invited

http://es.youtube.com/watch?v=pnnqhHtKXiM Myself dancing as a part of the show

http://es.youtube.com/watch?v=Bz1dGjsV-G4 Mansfield University (2007)

Needs for a 2 days activies visit

Room & board for 3 days 5 people

$ 2.900.- Net. Free on any kind of withholdings or discounts (taxes,
social security etc.)

I cover the air tickets from Buenos Aires and the transportation into USA

There is information about me at included CV www.eduardotami.com.ar ,
and for listen some complete pieces at
myspace.com/wwwmyspacecomeduardotami

Clicking below you can see videos from some of our former tours

Following, you will find some of the Universities and venues visited
in past tours.  If you are interested in hiring us and would like some
feedback from other hosts please feel free to contact me and I would
be glad to put you in touch with some of them.

Trumpets Jazz Club - Montclair NJ

Wittenberg University – Springfield OH

Drew University - NJ

Hood University - Frederick Maryland

North Park Univ. Chicago IL

Auburn Univ. - Auburn AL

Albion Univ. - Albion MI

Cincinnati Music Hall - Cincinnati OH

UNC at Wilmington - Wilmington NC

Rockford Univ. - Rockford IL

Saint Xavier Univ. - Chicago IL

 From de Garden Live, Classic 99.1 - St. Louis MO

UNC at Wilmington - NC

Scranton University - PA

Niagara Univ. – Buffalo - NY

Alma College - MI

Central Michigan University - MI

Cincinnati Music Hall - OH

Univ. of Wisconsin at Superior - WI

Cornell College - Mount Vernon – IA

Mansfield University - Mansfield PA

Alfred University - Alfred NY

Berea College - Berea KY

James Madison University - Harrisonburg VA

Hampden Sydney College - Farmville VA

Hudson College - AL

Purdue University - IN

Dordt College - IA

Chamber music asociation - Sioux City - IA

Jefferson College - MO

Mount Olive - NC

Nassau College - NY

Hofstra University - NY

Niagara University - NY

State University of New York in Oswego -  NY

Case Western Reserve Universiti - OH

Wofford University - SC

"Eduardo Tami" <[log in to unmask]>

--