VTBIRD Archives

February 2010

VTBIRD@LIST.UVM.EDU

From:
Bruce MacPherson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Vermont Birds <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 18 Feb 2010 18:05:59 EST
I went on a Bald Eagle search this afternoon and found three adults at
Button Bay-two perched in a tree at the end of one of the offshore islands and
one in flight. Also, I saw two RT Hawks in flight and assorted ducks-Common
 Goldeneye, Common Merganser, Black Ducks, and Mallards-made somewhat
difficult  to identify by backlighting. Otherwise viewing conditions at Button
Bay were  good with lots of open water on the broad lake.

Bruce MacPherson
South Burlington