SCHOOL-IT February 2010

Rethoughts: RE: Thoughts

"Isham, David" <[log in to unmask]>

Fri, 19 Feb 2010 16:57:53 -0500

Wait. I thought you all were up on this stuff?! I've been watching y'all like, forever! You should see the pics I have of ____.
<o> <o>

Big Bro
Network Administrator
Grand Isle Supervisory Union
5038 US Rte 2
North Hero, VT 05474
802-372-6921 vox
802-372-4898 fax
.

________________________________

From: School Information Technology Discussion on behalf of Darth Vining
Sent: Fri 2/19/2010 4:10 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Thoughts

Actually, the image captured is evidence and relevant to the criminal investigation.

Problem in this case is that the camera shouldn't have fired.   But, once the system flags the laptop as missing it starts broadcasting the "You've been stolen" command.  Once the laptop sees the internet it gets the command it starts snapping pics and sending connection information.  Help! I'm in Starbucks on Williston Road and here's a picture of the schmuck that stole me.

Of course this is easy to disable, but smart people don't steal laptops... at least in theory.  This would explain why I have 30 of them in my garage... Pssst, anyone want to buy a Latitude?

Mike

Michael Vining, SB IT Support

South Burlington School District

South Burlington, Vermont 05403