See this listing in Catamount Job Link which is just a click away off
the Career Services Home Page....Anne
• Performs routine microbiological quality control testing of
nutraceutical raw materials and finished products in accordance with
site policies, departmental procedures, compendial methods, and
• Assists in special testing studies of experimental, investigative, and
problem solving nature.
• Participates in programs to achieve departmental objectives; records
and reports results; notes unusual results and notifies supervision for
Job Responsibilities: The essential job functions of the position
include, but are not limited to:
• Performs media preparation and microbiological testing of raw
material, in-process, finished product and stability samples following
approved specifications, and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs). This
may include but is not limited to bioburden/microbial limit testing,
water testing, environmental monitoring, microbial isolation and
• Completes testing with a high degree of efficiency, reliability, and
• Maintains the Microbiology Laboratory. This may include but is not
limited to maintenance, calibration, and use of standard laboratory
• Logs samples received into the laboratory and assesses their integrity
• Performs assigned work in a timely and safe manner conforming to
regulatory, company and compendial requirements.
• Records and reports test data correctly, completely and accurately
within company and departmental policies and guidelines. Notifies
supervisor of unusual results for evaluation.
• Actively assumes and demonstrates responsibility in learning practical
laboratory skills, and a thorough knowledge of microbiological theories,
methodologies and procedures.
• Acquires complete knowledge and understanding of company and
departmental policies pertaining to cGMP, cGLP, safety, health,
security, and departmental operation.
• Complies with company and departmental regulations, policies and
guidelines in performance of the job.
Education Requirements: Bachelors Degree in Microbiology or related
Pre Health Advisor
Career Services E Bldg L/L
Appts can only be made by phone