]

Font:

LISTSERV Archives

SCHOOL-IT Home

SCHOOL-IT  June 2010

SCHOOL-IT June 2010

Re: State of VT Data Collection Tool [Hates IE 8 and FF]

Sylvia Gagne <[log in to unmask]>

Wed, 9 Jun 2010 14:42:16 -0400

More information on this... it is really based on
your cpu, not your OS or browser.  Newer CPUs have
Data Execution Prevention (DEP) and supposedly you
can disable it for certain programs - see:
http://vlaurie.com/computers2/Articles/dep.htm

However, after several unsuccessful attempts at
disabling it for browsers - I finally used the
boot.ini method - can't remember where I read that one.

smg

Sylvia Gagne
Georgia Elementary and Middle School
4416 Ethan Allen Highway