Enviro. Ed. Conference (off topic)

Laurence Clarfeld <[log in to unmask]>

Vermont Birds <[log in to unmask]>

Mon, 16 Aug 2010 11:39:17 -0400

Greetings VTBirders,

This year's annual New England Environmental Education Alliance (NEEEA)
conference, October 21-23 in Fairlee, VT, is now open for registration.
Recognizing that we ALL are educating about the environment, the conference
theme, Create; Cultivate; Collaborate: Designing Our Shared Future, says it
well. The conference organizers welcome all those who have a role in
designing our shared future including VTBirders. With Bill McKibben, Peter
Forbes, and Dana Hudson as keynote speakers, a line up full of interactive
workshops and field trips, and engaging entertainment, this year's NEEEA
conference is not to be missed.

For more information, read the press release below or visit our website:
http://www.neeea.org/conference/index.html

Thanks you for your consideration, and we hope to see you this October!

Best,
Larry Clarfeld
NEEEA Conference Planning Committee

p.s. I apologize in advance if this post is considered too "off-topic" for
some. This event is sponsored by non-profit organizations and recent
feedback to the list moderator's poll indicated that posts of this nature
would be acceptable.

*Vermont to Host Annual New England Environmental Conference*

Join Vermont’s State-Wide Environmental Education Programs alliance (SWEEP)
as it hosts the 44th annual New England Environmental Education Alliance
(NEEEA) conference. This year’s conference takes place October 21-23 at the
beautiful Lake Morey Resort in Fairlee, VT and promises to be engaging, fun
and informative.

Conference partners include Vermont SWEEP, NEEEA and Promise of Place (POP),
along with generous support from the Center for Whole Communities. To learn
more about the details of the conference or to register to attend, please
visit the conference website at
http://www.neeea.org/conference/index.htmlor the conference blog at
http://2010designourfuture.blogspot.com/.

Recognizing that we ALL are educating about the environment, the conference
theme, Designing Our Shared Future, says it well. The conference organizers
welcome all those who have a role in designing our shared future from health
workers to planners, loggers to farmers, energy innovators to green business
people and conservation folks to teachers, including those who may not see
themselves as educating for the environment.

Conference attendees can choose to attend workshops and field trips that
fall into three different strands – to create, to cultivate and to
collaborate. This year’s conference also highlights three inspiring keynote
speakers – Peter Forbes from the Center for Whole Communities, Bill McKibben
from 350.org and Dana Hudson from the National Farm to School Network.
Additionally, there will be a variety of entertainment including a screening
of the film Mother Nature’s Child: Muddy Knees in the Age of Technology, an
Open Mic Night, an evening of Contra Dancing with the Old Sam Peabody Contra
Dance Band and a performance by the Yoh Theater Speakchorus.

This year’s NEEEA Conference is not to be missed. With a line up full of
interactive workshops and field trips, dynamic keynote speakers and engaging
entertainment, conference organizers are sure there is a place at the table
for all community members of Vermont and beyond.

--
Larry Clarfeld
Environmental Educator

North Branch Nature Center