]

Font:

LISTSERV Archives

VTBIRD Home

VTBIRD  August 2010

VTBIRD August 2010

preliminary announcement of exciting birding event

Scott Sainsbury <[log in to unmask]>

Vermont Birds <[log in to unmask]>

Tue, 10 Aug 2010 08:38:53 -0400

Hi all,

The Cornell Club of Vermont is hosting a visit from the Cornell Lab of Ornithology on Sept 17 and 18!

Scott Sutcliffe and Dr. Charlie Walcott are coming up to share with us some of Dr. Walcott's work, and the latest happenings at the Lab.  I know that many of you are members and friends of both the Lab, it's great work, and these fine gents.  So I wanted to get a notice out to the birding community asap.  A few details are undecided, and the on-line reservation system has not yet been activated.  So, put it on the calendar, and I'll let you know as soon as you can sign up.

Here's a "pre"-release on the event from Alex Tursi our Board President.  She gives her address for information.  But, please feel free to contact me as well

Scott Sainsbury

SAVE THE DATE!

The Cornell Club of Vermont proudly presents

“Come Fly With Me: Cornell Lab of Ornithology Lecture & Birdwalk 2010”

September 17 & 18, 2010

The Cornell Club of Vermont is excited to welcome the famed Cornell Lab of Ornithology to the Green Mountains to help alumni and local birders of all ages, colors and stripes catch some birds tweeting and enjoy some leaf peeping against the backdrop of Vermont’s vibrant autumn landscape.

On Friday, September 17, Dr. Charles Walcott, Professor Emeritus and past Executive Director of the Lab of Ornithology, will present a lecture titled “Loony Tunes & Fatal Fighting: The Biology of the Common Loon” in which he will share his prodigious knowledge of the loon species.

The lecture is open to the public. Admission and venue TBD.  The lecture will be hosted at 7PM in Burlington, VT

On Saturday, September 18, Dr. Walcott and Scott Sutcliffe, Director of Individual Giving at the Lab or Ornithology, as well as local volunteer leaders, will host a bird walk at Dead Creek in Vergennes.

The bird walk will start promptly at 7:30AM.  All birders are encouraged to join us at the Addison Fire Department recreation room at 7AM for breakfast and instructions.

Invitation with full details and RSVP option to follow.

Please reach out to Alexandra Tursi, president of the Cornell Club of Vermont with any comments or questions at [log in to unmask]

Visit the Cornell Club of Vermont online at:   http://vermont.alumni.cornell.edu/