]

Font:

LISTSERV Archives

VTBIRD Home

VTBIRD  June 2011

VTBIRD June 2011

Re: VTBIRD Digest - 6 Jun 2011 to 7 Jun 2011 (#2011-159)

Priscilla Douglas <[log in to unmask]>

Vermont Birds <[log in to unmask]>

Wed, 8 Jun 2011 20:46:44 -0400

Common Merganser babies off Burlington waterfront

Hi - this is late reported but Sunday and Monday evening I saw a mother
Common Merganser with her twelve! babies first at Perkins Pier, then just to
the south of the Roundhouse.  So cute!  Black and white with fuzzy brown
heads.They and the mom put their "faces" in the water to see what was down
there, then dove in if it was worth it.  The babies would swim like crazy to
get on her back if she was moving away from them, then if she dove, they all
fell off.

Priscilla Douglas
Burlington