SCIENCE-FOR-THE-PEOPLE Archives

November 2011

SCIENCE-FOR-THE-PEOPLE@LIST.UVM.EDU

From:
Charlie Welch <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sat, 12 Nov 2011 03:57:01 -0500
Thanks, that's a giant task you undertook.
The website scienceforthepeople.org exists and links to your index.

Here's a can of worms.  I just thought to look and Google is now archiving
old magazines.   See

http://www.spellboundblog.com/2008/12/10/google-tackles-magazine-archives/

There is a giant task left to do that makes the archives searchable.  That
is scanning the pdf documents and making the text available.  Also inking
the table of contents to the individual articles. It looks like Google does
all that work and make it easy for search and find things.

It would also get a certain amount of recognition from being in their list
of magazines.

Should we approach Google about archiving the magazine.

Charlie Welch