For those of you that plan on making icecream....
All ingredients can be found in the closet in the SGA suite and milk can be found in the
kitchen immediately to your left when you walk into the suite.
1. Where does your food come from?
2. How does it get to you? Environmental costs?
3. Why is it healthier to grow/make your own food?
4. Where do the specific ingredients we are using today come from?
Ingredients: (makes 1 scoop)
1. 1 tablespoon sugar
2. 1/2 cup milk
3. 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
4. 6 tablespoons salt
5. 1 pint size plastic food storage bag
6. 1 gallon size plastic food storage bag
7. Ice cubes
How to make it:
1. Fill the large bag half full of ice, and add the salt, seal bag.
2. Put milk, vanilla, and sugar into the small bag, seal it.
3. Place small bag inside large bag, and seal it again carefully.
4. Shake until the mixture is ice cream (about 5 minutes) - ice cream toss perhaps
5. Open and enjoy!!
*Get permission from after school coordinator to bring in food!
(If you have a large mason jar you should use that and make several scoops in the jar to
avoid wasting a bunch of plastic bags. The mason jar would substitute for the smaller
plastic bag and you can grab a gallon sized bag from the closet. If you don't have a
jar...the bags are there for you to use.)