VTBIRD Archives

November 2011

VTBIRD@LIST.UVM.EDU

Reply To:
Vermont Birds <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 28 Nov 2011 17:12:16 -0500
I did NOT see this bird, but a friend called to say two Red-headed Woodpeckers have been coming to her feeders for the last couple of days. She is familiar with other woodpeckers that come to her feeders, including Red-bellieds, so I am sure she is reporting accurately.
She lives on Mount Anthony Road in Pownal. Folks down there might want to keep a look-out for this special bird.
I live at the foot of the mountain and we had a Red-headed here a couple of years ago (with pictures) so we know they do visit.
Bonnie Dundas
Bennington