VTBIRD Archives

November 2011

VTBIRD@LIST.UVM.EDU

From:
William Wright <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Vermont Birds <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 30 Nov 2011 13:22:54 -0500
A large number (many hundreds or more) of American Crows arrive in
fields behind our house in Shelburne each afternoon.  I assume this is
a preroosting area, with most crows arriving from the south or east.
They leave in late afternoon heading north either over Shelbutne Point
or Shelburne Bay.  Does anyone know where they're roosting?

Lots of fun to watch them diving, spiralling around each other as they
dive, etc. Quite a spectacle!

Also, two Eastern Bluebirds in a hedgerow nearby.

Chip Wright
Shelburne, VT