Re: Back Yard Activity

Carol Scott <[log in to unmask]>

Vermont Birds <[log in to unmask]>

Sat, 12 Nov 2011 15:01:27 -0500

Sorry, Richard, but by FeederWatch species she can't count the male
and female.  This protocol keeps species where the male and female can
be distinguished from being overcounted compared to species where one
can't make such a distinction.  I know some of the rules seem silly
and frustrating, but they are carefully thought out, and we Citizen
Scientists need to follow them carefully.

Carol Scott