Quoting Raymond Ballou <[log in to unmask]>:
> We do not have any atomic wall clocks that run of AC power. ...
This triggered a different line of thought - how about an "internet
wall clock" ... and google found lots of interesting options ...
- most of these clocks come with a built in "hidden camera"
- most will run on your wireless network
- most have AC power to drive the computer that does the
synchronization and AA batteries to drive the clock mechanism
- most seem to have a built in unix server !!! you can login to the
clock using a telnet session and ... ta da ... control the whole clock
- prices seem to be in the $150 - $450 range
Fun stuff ...
- I wonder if a computer club folks could wire together some LCD
monitors to remotely display a clock image ...