VTVEGANDBERRY Archives

June 2012

VTVEGANDBERRY@LIST.UVM.EDU

From:
Jake Guest <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jake Guest <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 2 Jun 2012 07:59:34 -0400
Bummer!
     Turns out several people have suggested late season soybeans as a
summer legume. However, almost all the soybeans sold in Vermont (and
there is a lot)
is GMO-Roundup/ready. Organic standards don't allow them even on "split
farms" like mine. So... anyone got source of soybeans that are not GMO,
but not food grade expensive? I've gone on line and found some sources.
Problem is, what I've found are mostly big guys who really aren't
interested in shipping just a few hundred pounds. Anyone got any eastern
sources or other ideas?..... Jake