]

Font:

LISTSERV Archives

VTBIRD Home

VTBIRD  August 2012

VTBIRD August 2012

Fwd: [VTBIRD] Red-necked Phalarope at Delta Park in Colchester

Roy Pilcher <[log in to unmask]>

Vermont Birds <[log in to unmask]>

Sat, 25 Aug 2012 20:21:14 -0400

Jim Mead was just on his way out when I arrived at Delta Park and was glad
for his "guidance" to the mud flats and the rest of the "gang".  At least
two other shorebird species were observed while I was there until about
noon,  namely Pectoral Sandpiper (3) and Sanderling (2).
A cloud of 1000+ Double-crested Cormorant flew past going north
Of interest also was a Blue-gray Gnatcatcher that took flight from a willow
 shrub and ascended ever higher before heading south.

Cheers,
Roy Pilcher
The Gables at East Mountain, Rutland,  Vermont

Speaking the same language.