VTLEPS Archives

September 2012

VTLEPS@LIST.UVM.EDU

From:
David Hoag <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 18 Sep 2012 21:06:41 -0400
Two of two dozen Giant Swallowtail larva feasted
on the new growth of an old grapefruit tree that
was kicked out of my  house for the summer.
From the number of leaves consumed, I am sure  they
matured and are now pupae somewhere in the  backyard.
I brought home a third caterpillar a week  ago
to be fed prickly-ash leaves.  Resulting pupa is on  Flickr:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/25681757@N00/8001540186/

Dave Hoag, Grand Isle