UVMFLOWNET Archives

October 2012

UVMFLOWNET@LIST.UVM.EDU

From:
Patricia Rudibaugh <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
UVM Flownet <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 27 Oct 2012 10:41:51 -0400
The new supervisor of our Vascular Lab asked me why we scan the
entire leg in a Venous Duplex scan when evaluating for DVT when other
facilities in the area scan only to the knee and stop. The lab follows
ICAVL, SCU and our Medical Directors guidelines/protocols, however,
she is looking at the possible time saved and training spent. Any
explainations out there? I have never heard of scanning only to the
knee, but I am new to Vascular since 2009. Is there something I am
missing??? Thanks in advance for your explainations...