]

Font:

LISTSERV Archives

USDEBATE Home

USDEBATE  December 2012

USDEBATE December 2012

Re: Worlds Council -- IMPORTANT (Berlin break and US Caucus information)

Shengwu <[log in to unmask]>

USA Debating in the WUDC Format <[log in to unmask]>

Sun, 16 Dec 2012 23:15:04 +0800

Hi Eric,

I've every respect for you, Andy, and Steve, and I'm thankful you've taken the time to examine the issue and write on it. I'd point out, though, that presumably the whole point of having a second ratifying vote at this WUDC was to allow the community a chance to change its mind and rescind a major change to the rules. Particularly since this change passed last year by the slimmest of margins, I don't think it's at all unreasonable of the American, or indeed, the world debate community to reconsider its beliefs on a controversial topic.

Cheers,
Shengwu

(Speaking in no capacity but my own, I also think that the current system is arbitrary and incoherent, and would cheer any hastening of its abolition.)