]

Font:

LISTSERV Archives

EJCLASS Home

EJCLASS  January 2013

EJCLASS January 2013

[Be the Change] Sustainability, Permaculture and Leadership

Feral Mycelium <[log in to unmask]>

Environmental Justice <[log in to unmask]>

Wed, 9 Jan 2013 16:20:04 -0800

Hello friends,

Many people think of permaculture as gardening, but that's a lot like
thinking of math as being only good for building bridges.  Permaculture is
a sustainable design science rooted in observation of nature and providing
solutions to some of our most pressing problems.  The same branching
pattern that's found in tree is also found in a river, in your heart, and
numerous other places.  That pattern maximizes edge (surface area for
exchanging information or nutrients), increases diversity and serves a
whole range of other functions.

Join an incredible regenerative leadership and permaculture design
certification retreat in the San Francisco Bay Area, February 16-24th or
April 20-28th, and go beyond sustainability towards a wildly fulfilling
life and a truly regenerative culture.  We offer a no-nonsense, deeply
pragmatic, mainstream approach to permaculture.  No ideologies, only
functional design and solutions that truly work.    "This course was the
BEST time I have had in the past 6 years" -- Lana T

The most common example of biomimicry and permaculture is velcro, which was
invented by a swiss engineer who removed burrs from his dog, and noticed
how the small hooks on the burr grabbed to his dog's fur.  Another great
example is better packaging designs.  Have you ever considered how nature
packages pomegranate seeds inside a pomegranate?  What we teach is
fundamentally the art of biomimicry -- observing nature and designing our
whole way of life with the patterns of nature, while often allowing nature
to do much of the work for us.

-> Read more @ http://www.permaculturedesigntraining.com
-> San Francisco Bay Area - February 16-24 or April 20-28th
-> Contact us for details about scholarships available for this course!
-> Call 1-800-376-3775

Go beyond sustainability towards a truly regenerative culture.  Imagine
waking up each day with the knowledge that your whole life, including your
career, is completely aligned with your deepest passions, desires,
principles and values.  The experiential permaculture design certification
course is your path towards a career in regenerative permaculture design
and a truly thriving life, deeply rooted in the patterns of nature and a
larger vision of regenerative community and regenerative culture.

Come get inspired by learning pragmatic permaculture design and
regenerative leadership skills for your life, career, business, and
community from the world's leading sustainability experts;  and earn your
internationally recognized Permaculture Design Certificate.  The skills
offered in this course are applicable to every aspect of your life, far
beyond the garden - you will learn to design nature-inspired, resilient,
regenerative systems – composting toilets, water-catchment system,
natural green buildings, eco-villages and much more.

While many people think of permaculture as gardening, that's a lot like
thinking of math as being about building bridges.  Permaculture is a
sustainable design science rooted in observation of natural patterns.  For
example, the same branching pattern of a tree is present in every river, as
well as in our own bodies -- the pattern maximizes edge, increases
diversity, and serves at least a dozen other functions.   The very concepts
of diversity increasing stability of natural living systems and edge
increasing diversity are core permaculture teachings.

-> Read more @ http://www.permaculturedesigntraining.com
-> San Francisco Bay Area - February 16-24 or April 20-28th
-> Contact us for details about scholarships available for this course!
-> Call 1-800-376-3775

Consistently ranked as the single most powerful and transformational
experience of participants' entire lives, the experiential intensive
inspires real vision and personal regenerative leadership through practical
solutions of natural pattern observation and bio-mimicry design for a truly
regenerative culture.

Want to know why you should join the program? Check out just some of the
many testimonials from past participants
(http://permaculturedesigntraining.com/reviews):

"I really enjoyed the experience, I can feel my permaculture mind
continuing to grow as things settle in from the course." -- Jaye M

"Thank you for the experience I had - it was wonderful. Best wishes and
continued growth." -- Susan L

"My experience in the course was invaluable. I find myself with a new
permaculture lens that I can put on at will, and see the world around me in
a way that I feel leads to making more conscious decisions and living
better in harmony with the earth." - Deborah F.

Join an unforgettable program in leadership, permaculture and sustainable
design with the world'smost renowned instructors and change your life, your
community and your planet. Not only do Regenerative Leadership Institute
courses offer the most complete curriculum of any similar program, but the
people who come to the programs make this the most powerful training
offered anywhere. Gain cutting-edge skills in nature-inspired sustainable
design that's applicable virtually anywhere design is used -- from green
businesses to your own back yard.

-> Read more @ http://www.permaculturedesigntraining.com
-> San Francisco Bay Area - February 16-24 or April 20-28th
-> Contact us for details about scholarships available for this course!
-> Call 1-800-376-3775

The Regenerative Leadership Institute is the nation's ecological design and
sustainable living school; our instructors are key leaders in sustainable
living and permaculture design.
We hope you will be able to join us for this incredible, life-changing
experiential course!

--

Regenerative Leadership Institute
The Nation's Sustainable Living and Permaculture Design School