Font:

Monospaced Font

LISTSERV Archives

VTBIRD Home

VTBIRD  January 2013

VTBIRD January 2013

Re: Common Pochard, Tufted Duck, and many observers. Champlain Bridge.

"Mayer, Maria" <[log in to unmask]>

Vermont Birds <[log in to unmask]>

Thu, 3 Jan 2013 12:33:28 -0500

Hello fellow birders!

I've been eagerly following the news of these two ducks along with you. We at State Parks understand that DAR is probably now the best viewing location and that there's not enough room to park at the gate. I've asked one of our maintenance staff to go up to DAR early Friday am to open the gates and plow out some spaces for birders to park.

ONE REQUEST: PLEASE DO NOT PARK IN FRONT OF THE GATE FRIDAY AM. THANK YOU SO MUCH!

That way our staff person can get in to do the plowing. We hope to have it plowed by 8am.

If anyone needs directions they can get them at https://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&time=&date=&ttype=&q=Dar+State+Park,+United+States&sll=44.746383,-72.172043&sspn=0.008077,0.014591&ie=UTF8&cd=2&geocode=0,44.055410,-73.411440&ll=44.055626,-73.411438&spn=0.008173,0.014591&z=16&iwloc=addr&om=1
Hope that helps!

Thanks again,

Maria Mayer
Parks Regional Manager