]

Font:

LISTSERV Archives

MEDLIB-L Home

MEDLIB-L  February 2013, Week 4

MEDLIB-L February 2013, Week 4

Results - 2012 Survey for Hospital Library eResources Group Purchasing & Licensing

"Colglazier, Merle" <[log in to unmask]>

Colglazier, Merle

Tue, 26 Feb 2013 18:25:16 -0500

Dear MEDLIB-L Colleagues,

I promised Ruth Holst that I would publish to MEDLIB-L the results of
the 2012 Survey for Hospital Library eResources Group Purchasing &
Licensing.  Thanks to everyone who participated in the survey.  The
de-identified data for the ten survey questions is listed below.

Any interested hospital librarians are invited to attend the inaugural
Catholic Hospital Librarian Summit March 18-20, 2013 in Marriottsville,
Maryland.  There's still time to register for the Summit at
http://goo.gl/oZ62d.   I hope to see you there!

But that's not all!  Please join the community site for this consortium
project at http://groupspaces.com/CatholicHospitalLibrarians/ if you are
interested in collaborating on this potential hospital library group
purchasing and licensing consortium.  Please register to join (click the
"Join Group" green button) and then you will receive a confirmation
message soon afterwards.   The full report for the 2012 Survey with
graphs and comments is available on the community site, and is a far
better presentation of the survey data than the text version here in
this email.

"This project has been funded in whole or in part with Federal funds
from the National Library of Medicine, National Institutes of Health,
Department of Health and Human Services, under Contract No.
HHS-N-276-2011-00004-C with the University of Maryland Baltimore."

Best regards,

Merle

Merle Colglazier | System Librarian (Richmond)

Bon Secours Virginia Health System | Medical Library (Bon Secours
eLibrary)

c/o St. Mary's Hospital | 5801 Bremo Road | Richmond, Virginia | 23226

W: (804) 627.5262 |  [log in to unmask]

Good Help to Those in Need(r)

#####################################

2012 Survey for Hospital Library eResources Group Purchasing & Licensing

Response Summary Total Started Survey: 109

Total Finished Survey: 106 (97.2%)

1. Do you currently participate in consortium/consortia or group
purchasing for

subscribing to or purchasing electronic resources?

answered question 108

skipped question 1

Response

Percent

Response

Count

Yes 63.0% 68

No 37.0% 40

If Yes, what is the name of the consortium? (please specify)

Show Responses 66

2. If a hospital library e-resources purchasing & licensing consortium
was

organized for Catholic and Other-than-Catholic hospitals, what would be
your main reason to join it?

answered question 107

Response

Percent

Response

Count

Have no electronic content and want

to provide it 4.7% 5

Have some electronic content and

want to expand offerings 37.4% 40

Have a good electronic collection and

want to lower costs 46.7% 50

No interest in joining a hospital library

e-resources consortium for Catholic

and Other-than-Catholic hospitals 5.6% 6

Other (please explain below) 5.6% 6

Comment

Show Responses 15

skipped question 2

3. Which of these e-resource products do you currently subscribe to?
(check all

that apply)

Response

Percent

Response

Count

AMA Archive Journals 38.1% 40

AMA JAMA 52.4% 55

BMJ eJournals 30.5% 32

EBSCO CINAHL 71.4% 75

EBSCO DynaMed 23.8% 25

EBSCO eBooks 13.3% 14

EBSCO eJournals 16.2% 17

EBSCO Health Business 30.5% 32

EBSCO Medline 28.6% 30

EBSCO Nursing Ref Center 19.0% 20

EBSCO Rehab Ref Center 4.8% 5

Elsevier ClinicalKey 2.9% 3

Elsevier eBooks 9.5% 10

Elsevier eJournals 40.0% 42

Elsevier First Consult 14.3% 15

Elsevier MD Consult 61.0% 64

Elsevier Mosby's Nursing Skills 19.0% 20

Elsevier Nursing Consult 17.1% 18

Highwire eJournals 19.0% 20

Informa Healthcare eBooks 0.0% 0

Informa Healthcare eJournals 9.5% 10

John Wiley Cochrane Collection 20.0% 21

John Wiley eBooks 1.9% 2

John Wiley eJournals 21.0% 22

Mary Ann Liebert eJournals 13.3% 14

McGraw-Hill eBooks 19.0% 20

NEJM 71.4% 75

OVID EBM databases 24.8% 26

OVID eBooks 34.3% 36

OVID eJournals 63.8% 67

OVID Medline 42.9% 45

ProQuest Dissertations & Thesis 1.0% 1

ProQuest Health and Medical Complete 1.9% 2

ProQuest Health Management 0.0% 0

ProQuest Hospital Collection 1.9% 2

ProQuest Nursing & Allied Health

Source 8.6% 9

ProQuest Pharma Collection 0.0% 0

ProQuest Research Library 1.0% 1

Rittenhouse R2Library eBooks 25.7% 27

SAGE eJournals 17.1% 18

Springer Science eBooks 5.7% 6

Springer Science eJournals 19.0% 20

SwetsWise Online Content 2.9% 3

TDS STAT!Ref 28.6% 30

Thieme eBooks 2.9% 3

Thieme eJournals 4.8% 5

Thomson Reuters Micromedex 20.0% 21

Thomson Reuters Web of Science 1.9% 2

Wolters Kluwer UpToDate 55.2% 58

Other (please specify below) 26.7% 28

Comment

answered question 105

skipped question 4

Show Responses 40

4. Do you currently purchase pre-paid (deposit account), pay-per-use
access to

e-resources?

Response

Percent

Response

Count

Yes 6.7% 7

No 93.3% 98

answered question 105

skipped question 4

If Yes, please specify the publishers/information products

Show Responses 9

5. Which of these e-resource products are you considering/planning to
subscribe

to? (check all that apply)

Response

Percent

Response

Count

AMA Archive Journals 12.0% 9

AMA JAMA 13.3% 10

BMJ eJournals 10.7% 8

EBSCO CINAHL 9.3% 7

EBSCO DynaMed 18.7% 14

EBSCO eBooks 9.3% 7

EBSCO eJournals 4.0% 3

EBSCO Health Business 2.7% 2

EBSCO Medline 2.7% 2

EBSCO Nursing Ref Center 16.0% 12

EBSCO Rehab Ref Center 5.3% 4

Elsevier ClinicalKey 29.3% 22

Elsevier eBooks 6.7% 5

Elsevier eJournals 8.0% 6

Elsevier First Consult 4.0% 3

Elsevier MD Consult 14.7% 11

Elsevier Mosby's Nursing Skills 6.7% 5

Elsevier Nursing Consult 4.0% 3

Highwire eJournals 2.7% 2

Informa Healthcare eBooks 0.0% 0

Informa Healthcare eJournals 0.0% 0

John Wiley Cochrane Collection 6.7% 5

John Wiley eBooks 8.0% 6

John Wiley eJournals 5.3% 4

Mary Ann Liebert eJournals 5.3% 4

McGraw-Hill eBooks 20.0% 15

NEJM 16.0% 12

OVID EBM databases 6.7% 5

OVID eBooks 9.3% 7

OVID eJournals 6.7% 5

OVID Medline 6.7% 5

ProQuest Dissertations & Thesis 2.7% 2

ProQuest Health & Med Complete 2.7% 2

ProQuest Health Management 0.0% 0

ProQuest Hospital Collection 4.0% 3

ProQuest Nursing & Allied Health

Source 8.0% 6

ProQuest Pharma Collection 0.0% 0

ProQuest Research Library 0.0% 0

Rittenhouse R2Library eBooks 18.7% 14

SAGE eJournals 8.0% 6

Springer Science eBooks 4.0% 3

Springer Science eJournals 4.0% 3

SwetsWise Online Content 1.3% 1

TDS STAT!Ref 8.0% 6

Thieme eBooks 1.3% 1

Thieme eJournals 1.3% 1

Thomson Reuters Micromedex 2.7% 2

Thomson Reuters Web of Science 2.7% 2

Wolters Kluwer UpToDate 10.7% 8

Other (please specify below) 14.7% 11

answered question 75

skipped question 34

Comment

Show Responses 32

6. How much do you spend annually on electronic resources?

Response

Percent

Response

Count

answered question 104

skipped question 5

less than $25,000 19.2% 20

$25,000 - $99,999 47.1% 49

$100,000 - $300,000 22.1% 23

Over $300,000 11.5% 12

7. What is your level of interest in joining a hospital library
e-resources

consortium for Catholic and Other-than-Catholic hospitals, if it would
mean time and cost savings?

answered question 105

skipped question 4

Response

Percent

Response

Count

Interested with intent to purchase in 2014 38.1% 40

Interested with intent to purchase in 2013 10.5% 11

Interested but not yet ready to purchase in 1st/2nd quarter 2013 29.5%
31

No interest in joining a hospital library e-resources consortium for
Catholic and Other-than-Catholic hospitals 7.6% 8

Other (please explain below) 14.3% 15

Comment

Show Responses 29

8. What category best describes your hospital? (Choose one.)

Response

Percent

Response

Count

Private, Investor-Owned Hospital 1.9% 2

Private, Not-for-Profit Hospital 29.9% 32

Public Hospital 7.5% 8

Religious, Investor-Owned Catholic Hospital 0.0% 0

Religious, Not-for-Profit Catholic Hospital 56.1% 60

Religious, Investor-Owned Other-than- 0.0% 0

Catholic Hospital Religious, Not-for-Profit Other-than- Catholic
Hospital 0.0% 0

Other (please specify below) 4.7% 5

answered question 107

skipped question 2

Comment

Show Responses 11

9. If interested in joining or helping to organize a hospital library
e-resources consortium for

Catholic and Other-than-Catholic hospitals, please provide your contact
information:

answered question 65

skipped question 44

Response

Percent

Response

Count

Name, Position: 95.4% 62

Company: 95.4% 62

Address: 95.4% 62

Address 2: 33.8% 22

City/Town: 95.4% 62

State: 98.5% 64

ZIP: 95.4% 62

Country: 90.8% 59

Email Address: 96.9% 63

Phone Number: 92.3% 60

10. If interested in serving on a work group to assess forming a
hospital library eresources

consortium for Catholic and Other-than-Catholic hospitals, indicate your
area(s) of interest:

Response

Percent

Response

Count

Assessment/evaluation/statistics 58.3% 14

answered question 24

skipped question 85

Bibliographic and metadata control 16.7% 4

Interface 12.5% 3

Publicity/communications 45.8% 11

Training 37.5% 9

Please add any comments or questions you have about this survey or the
feasibility of forming a Catholic Hospital

Libraries e-Resources Purchasing & Licensing Consortium.

Show Responses 23

END