As I am leaving KMS at the end of this school year, we are looking for a new tech person. Due to the small size of our school (approximately 70 students), we are hoping to find one person who can handle both IT infrastructure and support as well as tech integration / professional development. We're looking to review resumes on Monday or Tuesday of next week, so if you didn't see the posting on SchoolSpring or craigslist earlier in the month, please get your materials in quickly.
KMS is a private school with both winter-term and full-term programs and, as mentioned, about 70-75 student-athletes. The entire student body is involved in either competitive snowsports (racing, freestyle, freeskiing or snowboarding) or cycling, and we have athletes competing at the national and international level. As a result, student-athletes travel a lot and figuring out how best to support them while they're on the road is an ongoing need (and possibly the most unique part of this job).
The job posting:
Killington Mountain School seeks a technology coordinator. The technology coordinator will oversee all information technology programs at KMS, including systems hosted on- and off-site. He or she will be responsible for planning, implementation--technical, procedural, and training--ongoing support, and upgrades. The technology coordinator will ensure that the network infrastructure supports all organizational needs, provide support to individual users as needed and will also run comprehensive training and professional development programs to help KMS faculty and staff make the best use of technology possible, particularly in support of traveling student-athletes.
The technology coordinator is also a member of the teaching faculty and will teach computer-related courses.
• experience with Linux administration, including Samba, using the command line (CentOS / RHEL a plus)
• experience supporting heterogenous client devices (Mac, Windows, and iOS)
• knowledge of TCP/IP networking, including VLANs, network monitoring and troubleshooting, and firewall configuration
• minimum of two years' experience working in an educational environment with teaching responsibilities
• strong written and oral communication skills, including the ability to explain technical matters to non-technical students, staff and faculty
• bachelor's degree in a related field
• the ability to work both independently and as part of a team, prioritize projects based on organizational needs, and handle conflicting requests from different persons within the organization
• the ability to work in a high-energy environment, with middle- and high-school student-athletes as well as staff, faculty, coaches and parents
• flexibility when faced with changing situations
• VoIP experience strongly helpful
• experience with distance learning or mixed-mode (on- and off-campus) educational models
• a sense of humor is strongly recommended
• knowledge of competitive snowsports--racing, freestyle, freeskiing or snowboarding--is a plus.
Interested parties should apply either via SchoolSpring (http://www.schoolspring.com/job.cfm?jid=232602) or via Craigslist (http://burlington.craigslist.org/sad/3727195366.html). I'm also happy to answer off-list inquiries about job specifics, but please submit resumes and cover letters via the job ads so that we can keep track of everything.
Kevin T. Broderick
Director of Communications & Information Technology
KILLINGTON MOUNTAIN SCHOOL
E: [log in to unmask]